What I’m Wearing – Winter

Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012 | 40 Comments

It’s nearly mid-winter now and it seemed like a good time to do a “current wardrobe” post. Anna asked about a month ago if I could post what I’m wearing for winter like I did in Autumn. Everything I’m wearing lately is a bit subconsciously chosen. These just turned out to be what I grabbed for day after day. :deco2: It’s the height of winter cold now and everything I’m wearing now is warm & cozy.

Tops
- Madewell dotted pinstripe boyshirt
- Madewell colorfleck boyshirt
- Madewell denim boyshirt
- black & white striped tee
- oversized cream sweater

Bottoms
- Old Navy skinnies
- Madewell metallic skirt
- Madewell tux skirt

Dress
- Madewell knit sweater dress

Outer
- Madewell sweater coat
- H&M parka

Other
- H&M scarf
- foldover tote
- Payless flats
- Old Navy Boots in “sand”

I’m excluding a few items I only wear to work. Like a wool skirt and my black Artdot dress. Though I do wear most of these items to work too; just not all of them. Like my sweater dress. I wear my Artdot dress at the office more because my sweater dress is more “casual Friday.” So I don’t tend to wear my Artdot dress outside of the office much. OK that sounds more confusing than I meant it to be. I also have a black long wool coat I wear every day but only wear “out” sometimes.

11 clothing items 25+ looks not counting coats
Adding or removing layers or sweaters not counting shoes, tights, or hat & bag.

I got a few new things for Christmas that I’m looking forward to mixing into these pieces.

Also it’s very cold so many people ask how I stay warm. Besides the usual scarf, mittens, knit hats, I also double up on tights if I’m going to be walking around outside. Like Christmas day in the city. I wore 120den tights (the ginger tights) underneath my fleece tights! Perfectly warm. I also always wear my HEATTECH knit shorts under skirts/dresses. They make a huge difference. All the difference in the world. I’m actually warmer in my tights & HEATTECH shorts than the skinny jeans with socks!

Double up with wool tights or 2 pairs of 120den tights works about the same.
Also invest in some WICKED GOOD toe warmers! Good for days you’re outdoors for an extended period of time!

THANK YOU KARME FOR MY NEW PACK AT CHRISTMAS!!
Twas random and you know I’ll use ‘em!! :) :ok:

Jenny posted on Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012
Tags: , ,

40 Responses to “What I’m Wearing – Winter”

1. kurn says:

SO CLASSY CHIC MAISON DE JENSAMA

2. megan says:

Thanks for explaining how you keep warm! It’s something I’ve wondered about since you seem to wear a lot of skirts. I would like to try wearing skirts out here in Oklahoma, but it feels too cold right now! And you’re somewhere much colder…I’ll have to grab a pair of wool tights sometime.

3. Laura says:

I really enjoy your “current wardrobe” posts! It’s the type of thing I need to remember when I think “NOTHING TO WEAR” again since it shows how much you can do with a couple of select pieces! ^^

I know what you mean. When I find myself thinking “I have nothing to wear” I know I have too many pieces in my closet and I do a little re-organizing taking out anything I’m not excited to want to wear.

4. Michelle says:

Oh my gosh, yes to it all! I have to ask though, where on this planet did you get those ADORABLE heart hangers?!

5. Kmmyp says:

damn i should be getting myself a pair of black pants
    everything just goes well with it. thanks for convincing me a lot more

6. Anna says:

Thanks for doing this post! Very inspirational as always!
    And thanks for sharing how you keep warm! I have the problem of only wanting to wear skirts and/or dresses during the winter! So this was really helpful :) Happy new year by the way!!

7. MH. says:

Cozyy. I really like those tops especially the jeans blouse. You can combine that to many different clothes :)

8. chocoNIKKI says:

Ooh, I love these pieces! Especially the pink polka dot blouse~ Simple and clean cut is always classic ^^

9. rae says:

this is a really cute idea for a post. thanks for sharing. i want to do a post like this now too. i find things like this are really fun to read but they are also great for the person who makes the post just to see what is being currently worn and organize everything :)

xx rae

Exactly!!! I started doing this posts for myself about a year ago. It started off as “packing coordinates” only but evolved. I love looking back on them. Really helps keep me focused.

10. Jenny says:

I really love your style! Always impressed by how chic your outfits are.

11. Jasmine says:

I always love these posts

Omg I do the same with the double layer tights when I wear dresses/skirts. They DO keep you warmer than when you have jeans and socks on. (Which is why I kind of try to avoid wearing jeans on really cold days) Plus I also have a long winter jacket that goes almost down to my knees so it helps to keep me warm when I wear skirts/dresses.

13. Sami says:

Even your hangers are too cute :3

14. Miyanko says:

Hi Jenny! I like how nowadays you seem to be minimalizing your wardrobe. That’s what I’d like to do myself. And also, my favourite articles in japanese fashion magazines were always the ones that showed how you can make a lot of outfits from only a few pieces of clothing items. You’re a great inspiration to me, so thanks!

Thank you so much. Those are my favorite magazine sections too actually!! Yes, I’ve been on a long quest to minimize my closet because it just… makes me happier! Makes me feel it’s easy getting dressed and I never end up going out not feeling myself. :)

15. Miya says:

Great post!! Love seeing your go to pieces! My issue with dressing for work during ANY season is that my office is a wildly different temperature than outside. I might be mildy cold during my commute and then in my office I just want to strip from the heat (hardly office appropriate)!! Ah!!!

16. Kate says:

I love seeing posts like this, too! The combo list for outfits is really helpful to me, as that’s something I struggle with but really desire to get down to an artform. We have similar taste in clothes so that helps, too! (:

I used to layer tights but recently forgot about it. REMEMBERED! thanks!

Ha! I forget “tricks” like this too when seasons change. It’s little things that are hard to remember.

I’m glad the list is helpful. Sometimes when I’m writing it out I feel maybe it’s useless or annoying but glad you can find it useful!

17. Chrissy says:

Sort of a closet reader of your blog – love your style. had to ask though – do you have inserts on the backs of your flats (it looks like it!)? What are those called? Feel like I need to get some of those … flats always mess up my ankles :(

YES!!! I have inserts in ALL my shoes and swear by them! These are called heel grips (or smtg like that) and they keep shoes from slipping or rubbing causing blisters :)

18. Sofia says:

I love these posts of yours! Even though we have different styles I always get super inspired by your outfits and looks posts ^^

19. Karen says:

Hey, I really love your red heart hangers. May I ask where you purchased them? Thanks! Great post!

20. tomoko says:

omg, i love this post! would it be too much to ask for more posts like these… like every season? haha

i love these kinds of posts because i like to use them as guidelines when i go shopping, hehe

Thanks Tomoko. People tend to keep asking each season so that’s when I have been doing them. I’d like to continue to do them but we’ll see come spring :)