Paul & Joe Pressed Powder Swirl
Thursday January 24, 2013
Paul & Joe Beaute always have interesting collections. Last spring I really enjoyed the pressed powder from their s/s 2012 collection so when I saw they were offering a new transparent pressed powder for this spring’s collection I decided to buy it. I was already about to reorder my usual Benefit Get Even pressed powder but instead went with this because the price was nearly the same.
Today was the first day I used it.
- It’s so pretty in the cardboard cat-printed case.
- It’s smaller than I expected compared to last spring’s powder, but it was also cheaper so that made sense.
- The powder puff is good for heavier application but I mostly use my kabuki brush with it.
- The coverage is more sheer than last spring’s powder. It cuts down on shine and oil throughout the day.
But the glow! It’s there!
The powder adds a depth and glow to my fair skin. Also evens out my skintone a bit and just brightens up my face overall.
Ingredients and Benefits:
• Orange Flower Water – moisturizer
• White Lily Extract – moisturizer
• Jojoba Oil – emollient
• Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate – moisturizer
• Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract – sebum Production Control
• Silk Extract – moisturizer
I often shy away from shimmery powders because they sometimes overemphasize my pores. I don’t see that happening with this! Yay! Last year’s powder didn’t cause any breakouts so I’m hoping this powder won’t either. I won’t know until it happens… or doesn’t :)
I’ll likely be wearing this over bb cream on days I need more coverage. It’ll be a fantastic setting powder. I may start wearing it solo as the weather warms up. In the spring and summer (if this powder lasts till then) I like to go more sheer and tend to skip bb cream and heavier coverage powders with the heat. :)
Oh, and I purchased mine at BeautyHabit. First time using them and very pleased :)
16 Responses to “Paul & Joe Pressed Powder Swirl”