Wardrobe Inspo

Mar 14, 2013

capsule wardrobe

larger version

I’m just going to leave this here…
I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t somewhat Dean-inspired.
Made up of mostly Madewell & Everlane (and includes a ton of similar things I already have in my own closet.) Things I’ve been wearing lately actually. My closet is in sorta pre-spring mode now that we’ve had a few spring days already.

I actually had a little time tonight to purge my storage closet of some things I thought maybe I’d wear this winter but didn’t. And a few things I know I won’t wear this spring/summer. Sorta “last chance” items whose chance has come & gone. There’s really not much of it though. Maybe 5~8 pieces.

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to “Wardrobe Inspo”

1. cardiac says:

I really have to clean up my closet! (;

2. Amelia says:

I really love your wardrobe capsule posts because they are so inspiring.

Yey for Supernatural-inspired wardrobe.

3. Zoey says:

Haha! Dean inspired wardrobe! You need to get some plaid in there before you call that one. But there is a lot of denim and denim is awesome so that’s fine ~

I do love the striped skirt + tee combo. I wish we had Madewell in England but argh, no such luck. Wonder if I could find something similar that isn’t a million pounds….

4. Kate says:

It’s definitely “that time of year” for sure — I’ve been in major purge-mode, myself! It’s satisfying to go through things, I think. (:

I like these little capsule posts, too!

5. Chlo says:

Hi Jenny love the closet inspiration and your choice of items! :)

Can I ask how and what do you use to create the collage like in the above picture?

6. Devin says:

hello jenny, i love all your wardrobe posts! i was wondering where this striped tee is from? it’s such a staple, yet i’m a little overwhelmed with the options and not completely convinced that the classic saint james breton is really the most flattering. any thoughts you have on this would be much appreciated. all best, devin

The striped tee I got last Oct from Yesstyle.

It’s a loose fitting tee which I don’t feel the St. James really are. It’s no longer available but maybe consider its measurements when choosing a tee if you’re looking for a loose fit.

Shoulder 58cm, Bust 116cm, Sleeve 14.5cm, Hem 116cm,
      Total Length Front 71cm, Back 75cm

I have an XS comme des garcons play tee and it’s fitted except in the bust. I find it’s very flattering with skirts and shirts but I don’t care for it with just jeans.